557 miles. That's what Ash tells me we drove today. That gets us 1/10 of the way there.
It was an easy first day-- most everything went liked we hoped it would. We arrived at the campground by 4pm and let the kids swim for an hour. Then we went to dinner at the nearby Opryland Mills mall. This will be the first night in over a week that we'll be in bed by10pm (9pm now that we are on central time!).
7 comments:
Hi guys! I'm so glad you're able to update while on your trip! I was at that mall last summer! Too funny. Have a wonderful drive... we'll be waitin' to greet you when you arrive!!! Praying for you. J&A and the Bits
Sarah, i love the blog. It is such a treat to be able to follow you along on your journey. I pray it is a safe one. Leslie
God is good! I've marked the first hashmark on the map! Kansas City, here they come . . .
I woke up this morning at 5:05, and was disappointed that I hadn't risen at 4:00 to pray for your early start . . . then Pops reminded me that you are on Central Time . . . :)
If you'd like, check out http://homefront-popsgammie.blogspot.com
I joined the crowd!
I"m so delighted to have a front seat view of your life and travels! Keep the posts coming!
Yeah!!
Miss you!
Casey Chappell
We miss you already. Zachary tried to convince me that there was room in your truck for him too! He is also convinced you'll be visiting again soon, despite what his brothers tell him. I'm glad he has no concept of time.
(I'm envious of the bacon lady who will be greeting you when you arrive. Just wish the direction you're traveling was reversed!)
I'm glad to hear of a great 1st day of your journey, I'll be praying for you daily!
Alison
We like the pictures. Have a good time and safe trip. We hope we will see you again sometime. I (Zachary) want to give you flowers when you come again.
We miss you!
Brandon, Nicholas, and Zachary
Wow, we miss you guys already! Since you're only a 1/10 of the way there, wouldn't it be much easier to turn back to Raleigh??? Please know we're praying for you and hope this is a wonderful adventure making memories you will treasure forever! Thanks for keeping us posted - we love your blog!!! Jen & the boys
Post a Comment