
We went to Naomi's house Friday to paint pumpkins. There were five preschoolers armed with brushes, cotton swabs, and paint! The end result was startling, yet beautiful. Charlotte, who believes she will "make the world a more beautiful place" with her art, worked very intentionally and painted nearly every inch of her pumpkin. She even painted stripes up and down the pumpkin stem. Liam went with the "less is more" strategy and rubbed half his name off his pumpkin! I am thankful Naomi invited us over for this project-- it is one I would never have dreamed up on my own. Truthfully, all that paint in the hands of preschoolers made me nervous. I am amazed at how clean the children and table ended up at the end of it all. I hope you enjoy the pictures.


5 comments:
I do not believe that I have ever seen more beautiful painted fall pumpkins! And I don't have to ask if the kids had fun . . . I have precious memories of paint, brushes, and LOTS of newspaper! Boy, Charlotte, I can tell in the picture that you were really concentrating on getting your pumpkin painted "just right." Have a great week . . .
Oodles of love to you,
Gammie
Man, those pumpkins are amazing. You guys are soo good at that stuff. Charlotte Rose, I love you so much and you are quite the artist. Liam, you did a really good job on yours too. I love your use of white and blue. I look forward to talking to you again on the phone little man. We love you guys and hope you are doing well.
I wish that we could come paint some pumpkins with you, too! Charlotte, you are a beautiful little girl; I can't believe how grown up you are looking these days. Liam, I miss your sweet smiles and your belly laughs; I can't believe you are going to be 2 yrs. old this month!
I hope you have a GREAT time with your mom this week. Enjoy every minute and every cup of coffee with her. And then post some pictures of this special time with her on your blog.
Hi Ashley and Sarah! I have a blogspot now and thought I would comment on your blog. The kids are adorable. You guys look really happy to be back home. I am so happy for you. Blog me if you like to, okay.?
Post a Comment