
It's been over a week since her birthday, but Charlotte is now five years old! I was feeling so sentimental about her birthday this year, that I recently crawled into her little bed with her as she was supposed to fall asleep for a nap. We laid there-- face to face, and Charlotte sucked her thumb while twirling a strand of my hair, like she's always done. Her eyes, so close to mine, were the brightest, blueberry blue and the afternoon sunlight pouring in through the nearby window made her soft blond curls golden. I told her then all about the day she was born. I tried to tell her how special that day was to me. I told her all about what's she's meant to me. I told her how proud I am of who she's growing to be. I love the dreams she has of "making the world a more beautiful place." My daughter is five and fearless and compassionate. I can't believe~ can't be grateful enough that God is letting me the mother to one of His most dauntless, passionate and visionary five year olds!

Charlotte's birthday turned out to be a spectacular day. She was able to talk to lots of faraway family, pick out and help make her own birthday cake, and walk out of our favorite toy store carrying a dollhouse we've all been admiring. She had quite a little stash of birthday money so she was even able to buy a bathroom and bedroom set for the dollhouse. That afternoon Brittney came over (she works with Ash and is adored by all of us) and presented Charlotte with the newest addition to our family-- "Cyrus The Second, Otherwise Known As Lemon." Brittney has a beta fish in her office, and other than the HUGE candy jar she keeps on her desk, Cyrus, her beta, is the number one attraction in visiting papa's office. Charlotte and Liam fight to feed Cyrus, which Liam, when it's his turn to feed the fish, he will try to use as an opportunity to pet the fish. So Brittney brought us everything we need for the care of our own Cyrus, who Charlotte decided could be nicknamed Lemon. Brittney is also the reason Charlotte's cake says, "APPY BIRTHDAY HARLOTTE." Brittney had to leave before we were ready to eat cake, so we cut off the end for her to take home. We then had homemade pizza and the Brown's birthday drink (mountain dew with orange sherbert) and watched Mary Poppins, which Charlotte has been singing songs from ever since.
4 comments:
It sounds like your day was the perfect birthday day, Charlotte! A dollhouse, Lemon, AND your very own cake design . . . and even your own shopping trip! What could be better? And hey, which is your favorite Mary Poppins song? I'm partial to Supercallafragillisticexpealidoscious . . . I have no idea if that word is spelled correctly :)
We love you . . . give Liam a great big hug and love from us too.
Gammie
Happy Birthday Charlotte Brown. We wish that we did not live so far away and that you could know really well who we are in NY. Just know that you are special to us and the day you were born was so special. There were so many people there that loved you. I am glad that we were allowed to be one of them.
Happy Birthday Charlotte!! Jean Valjean and Mr. Jackson send their best regards to Lemon :)
We love you!!
Happy late birthday Charlotte! We love you and miss you. We wish we could play with your dollhouse with you. Hugs and kisses!!
Uncle Kip, Aunt Janice, Rachel and Graham
Post a Comment