John and Sarah having been staying with us for just a little while, and I think through the rest of our lives, we'll all call these the "no bake days". We've been making loads of batches of no bake cookies and we're now all happiest in sweat pants... I can't believe I'm admitting all this on the internet! Anyways! The point of this pitiful confession is that these really are sweet days. Yes, for obvious reasons (that each batch of "no bakes" takes two cups of sugar), but also the friendship, the hope of spring, and the late evenings spent telling stories and laughing until tears come... these are delicious days!
And to share the love:
2 c. sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 c. milk
5 tsp cocoa powder
slowly bring all these to boil-- let them boil for 2-3 minutes.
remove from heat and add:
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. oatmeal
mix it all well then drop by spoonfuls...
they'll harden (enough) in less than ten minutes!
6 comments:
thanks for sharing the sweetness!!! Maybe i will give these a try with Ave and Mitch this week. I will let you know how it goes.
I'm so proud of your name tag, good job. and besides that you are a cutie pie. love you much. Nana Jane
Mmmmmmmm. I ate far too many of those over break, but it was worth it=)
Love you,
Johanna
YUMMY :) I am missing those winter blues/spring is coming...maybe days! I cant get away with sweats here now...its shorts already. Miss those LONG AK winters for the sole purpose of "feeling ready" for tshirts and shorts plus the extra cookie baking....its on to lemonade and cookie stands and walks around the neighborhood, cant be a winter hermit any longer! Glad you are making the most of it with no bakes, my fav.
Jen
I'll be over for coffee.....have them ready....N
Charlotte you are amazing, the smartest little girl I know! We miss your sweet smiles. N&B
Post a Comment