- I let Liam wear his bee costume to Target. We found Valentines candy on clearance that day.
- Watching the grown man at the gas pump next to us... he had a head full of unruly curls and wore a grey peacoat... and was practicing his ninja moves. He was crouching and squatting with his arms waving around his head and chest. This was for God and everyone to see and he did his routine with no sign of inhibition. I felt like I had found a kindred spirit, only I didn't even roll my window down to tell him that he had moved my soul. What would come out of you if you weren't working so hard to keep your alter ego under wraps? Ash said he'd try some pop & lock. I could be a ballerina. That ninja who drove away in a baby blue ford taurus from the 90s nearly unleashed something in me...
- My friend carried all her supplies for our MOPS steering meeting in a bag with great big green letters that read, "DON'T PANIC. I'M ORGANIC."
- Ash and I went on our first date in FOREVER last week. We hired a babysitter and went to a favorite pre-kiddos restaurant for dinner. We had tickets to watch a dance company at the Performing Arts Center. This particular dance co. had been a compromise for me and Ash. I had wanted ballet, but easily let Ash choose Soul Street Dance Co. because I'd still get to be in the PAC. So we bought some really great seats super close to the stage. And I really did enjoy all the break-dancing and pop & lock. I was truly impressed. Only, Soul Street was brought up by The Alaska Junior Theater, so we were surrounded by children burping, picking their noses, dancing in the aisles, and making Scooby Doo noises. Charlotte and Liam would have loved that place that night... there I sat, on my first date in forever, wishing we'd brought our kiddos.
- I read 104 of Emily Dickinson's poems and didn't understand even one. What is that woman trying to tell me?
- We're reading Little House on the Prairie these days.
- A friend/mentor sat on my couch this week and reminded me of what it means to hope for reconciliation. There's a friend I've been missing for awhile now and sometimes it's tempting to think, "This still hurts and I'm done letting it hurt. I'm done hoping." But that's not being faithful. A friend loves at all times. I needed to be peirced with the truth that God brings restoration. I want to always expect that and be ready for it.
- I was fitted for a bridesmaid dress (that I will wear when I am seven months pregnant). Anita is getting married!
- Beautiful, deep red strawberries have found their way to our local grocery store. I think I have Mexico to thank for this delicious Valentines and Safeway to thank for so thoughtfully placing the dipping chocolate right next to their sweet produce. Chocolate covered strawberries have always wooed me.
- My baby will let me have an americano again. January was a sad month when the thought of coffee made my stomach feel squeezed. Long Live February!... and yet... here's to March!
"A still- Volcano- Life-
That flickered in the night-
When it was dark enough to do
Without erasing sight-
A quiet- Earthquake Style-
Too subtle to suspect
By Natures this side Naples-
The North cannot detect
The Solemn- Torrid- Symbol-
The lips that never lie-
Whose hissing Corals part- and shut
And Cities- ooze away-"
Emily Dickinson
10 comments:
Wow!! How good to find new news.
Tell Liam to "Bee good"!!
How how I would love to see and hug everyone!! The date seems like fun at 75 it sure has been years since I was asked out on a date.But I just have fun anyway.???
Send more pictures and messages more often !!!! nana jane
Sarah,
I just enjoy your words. You're like a smile in black and white. I wish we had had more time to get to know each other in North Carolina.
Always a pleasure.
I think your writing is much more poetic than Emily Dickinson's (which is one way of saying I don't understand her either :-)
You make me feel like I'm right there beside you and that I'm happy to be so. She makes me feel like I'm in Canada and can't read the French roadsigns while I'm looking for a way out.
so good to see you here again! i love all your favorite february stories...mitchell just went to the grocery store dressed as a skunk yesterday! i think he and Liam are kindred spirits. i sure would like to see Ash break out in some pop and lock!! how fun! i am so glad to know that you are feeling better and HOORAY for Anita! i am so happy for her.
Sounds like a fun February! Liam and Zachary would also be kindred spirits. You ought to see what he wears for school days! I'll do anything to keep him interested! I miss you and wish that "hanging out with the Lawsons" had been one of your February events. I enjoyed the long phone call, though! :-) Guess that's sort of hanging out. But I miss getting together - even a year and a half later.
Sarah, you have such an amazing almost poetic way with words. So glad you are back and hope the pregnancy is being good to you!
congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting for you!
Sarah,
I just found your blog from Pops & Gammie's blog site...And I'm so glad that I did! You are an incredible writer and I loved all your random facts... And congratulations on your pregnancy!
I also wanted to tell you that we received your letter 2 weeks ago to our Helping Hands group. My husband, Jamie, is the pastor of Stony Hill and I am so glad that you have enjoyed the Heavenly Delights cookbook. It was so thoughtful of you to take the time to write out that sweet note about what it has meant to you. That letter will be cherished by our Helping Hands group, primarily composed of ladies in their 70's!
I look forward to keeping in touch with your family through blogland! Please tell Ashley, Charlotte, and Liam that the Dews said hello!
Sarah I always love reading your words, they always lift me up!! It was so fun seeing your dear son in his bee costume at Target and sent a sigh of relief through me that I'm not the only one who will let their child wear wild and crazy things to the store! Oh my goodness, the ninja story about did me in, how funny is that, but also how convicting!! (by the way, I think you should share some ballerina moves at MOPS sometime, or at least at a S.T. meeting!)
Yeah! Another blog, I thought we would be six and forever, forever. No disrespect to Miss Charlotte who is an amazing little girl and I can't wait to see what she can do at seven. Liam in a bee suit or Emily Dickinson, give me Liam any day, the little dickens! This could be a repeat comment since I had trouble getting it printed so if it is - pick out which one you prefer and ignore the other. Love to all, Nana
Post a Comment