Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sighting

At the church we have a habit of looking for "sightings"... times when we see our invisible God at work in our lives and the world around us. I recently have been reading through different places in the Old and New Testaments and have been struck by how sovereign God is. He is capable of caring for us. He alone determines the span of our lives. I am thankful for His protection of Sarah and Alistair today. And them coming through the morning well is a sighting in and of itself. However, I also have a further sighting and praise. As the doctors got in to the surgery they found that Alistair had sometime previously worked his umbilical cord into a knot. However, he had not worked the knot into being tightened, so there was no obstruction in the cord, and there weren't any complications or health issues. I am so very thankful for God's protection in that regard. God's hand of protection was on our son, even in the womb, and I am grateful for protection we were not even aware of a few hours ago. This is my "sighting" today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blessed day! To God be the glory.nana jane

Anonymous said...

Thats it...make me cry for joy even more! Nancy

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing this amazing story. My eyes are full of tears and I have goosebumps being reminded of what an amazing and fragile blessing each child is. God is so good and faithful. Congratulations

Laura for the Baillies said...

WOW!!! There were some big Hands holding that knot to keep it loose...His mercy....what a miracle!