Tuesday, November 3, 2009

tator tots

Charlotte can tie her shoes now! A whole world of shoe options has now opened for my daughter. She has also lost her first tooth, though I can't get a good picture of that because the great gap is in her bottom set, and a natural smile for her doesn't show those bottom teeth. If I ask her to try and smile while showing the missing tooth, the grimace that results is not something a momma can bring herself to upload.

My Liam... in this picture you can see the cup marks up his cheeks and between his eyebrows- the cup that left the milk mustache. A quintessential Liam picture must include a milk mustache. He looks too Boo Radley here for this to be a quintessentially Liam pic though... Liam is way too funny to be mistaken for Boo Radley. Last night, for example, we were all hanging out in mine and Ash's room. Ash was laying along the edge of the bed talking to Alistair and me. Liam came up behind Ash and two inches from his face warned: "You are stuck. Don't worry; I will save you. Don't be scared." Before the words could penetrate and alert Ash to any danger, he was pulled backwards off the bed, arms and feet straggling behind his bum and head. That is quintessentially Liam. As well as the morning last week when, while crunching cereal at the breakfast counter, Charlotte is chipper and feeling great and in the perkiest voice says, "I am in a good mood." Grumbly and low, mostly to his cereal bowl, came Liam's instant response, "A dangerwas mood." Everybody should know a Liam.
And Alistair...
...still irresistible.

I love being a momma.

8 comments:

Pops and Gammie said...

A great BIG HUG to each of these precious children!

PS . . . congrats on the shoe tying, Charlotte!

Laura for the Baillies said...

i love your kids...they're just scrumptious in every way...
excellent tying Charlotte!
Liam is hilarious
Kiss that Alistair for me...

Leslie said...

oh they are all so beautiful!!! you are one lucky momma...i am so glad that you are enjoying all the moments. Liam sounds like quite a funny little man....hooray for charlotte. Avery has never had tie shoes before so we have not had that hurdle to cross. that little Alistair is so precious.

Anita said...

Thanks for the update dear friend. I am missing you and your sweet family. Can't wait to be back in AK to see all these changes in person.

Anita

Adam, Connie, Josiah, and Bella said...

Charlotte - you are so grown up! Liam - I think you and Josiah would have lots of adventures together if we lived closer!
Alistair - you are too adorable.
Miss you guys; thanks for the stories and pictures.
Aunt Connie

Anonymous said...

Oh how good to see such sweet faces and the stories!!!! Sure wish I could each a hug right now.
So proud of each of you!! nana jane

Anonymous said...

S.B.
I love your family..And, I love you.

Sylvia Goode Basham said...

Your Liam sounds a lot like my Joshua, and yes, you're right....everyone should have one :-)

I also think everyone should have a Sarah mom like you....carmel apples from the crockpot, who would have thought it?