Monday, August 27, 2007

for my mom, a grand champion quilter




Mom, I wished you were with me today. Ash took the kids to watch the lumberjack show and I walked slowly through the quilt barn. I don't know how to judge which ones were technically the best, but here are some of my favorites. I especially love the green one, so that's the order I am placing with you for my next quilt! The last picture shows a couple of funky little quilts... the top one was made from wool and the bottom quilt was like a crazy quilt-- all the flowers actually stood out from the quilt. They were beautiful. I took a couple other pictures, if you want them. There was a beautiful red and white quilt and another that had loads of applique (sp?). I would have loved to stand beside you today and listen as you admired these beautiful quilts... quilts that were likely made by your old quild friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm beginning to understand your attraction to Alaska. Of course, it isn't winter yet, so I'm still a little skeptical!

I like the green quilt best, too, if your mom is taking orders! : )

The boys were excited to see that Charlotte's first new Alaskan friend is a girl. They informed Zachary that that is great news. So far, no competition for her hand in marriage!

Miss ya LOTS!
Alison