Monday, August 27, 2007

a new friend

Yesterday was our first day back at Wasilla Bible Church for worship. We are so delighted to be a part of this body again and yesterday was a day full of renewing friendships and making plans to build new relationships. Little Angela, with Charlotte here, was born just two weeks before Charlotte and her mom and I have always had that connection. Ash and I have always wanted to build a friendship with Angela's parents and have in the past regretted that there was just never time for that. But the Lord has given us a new chapter here in Alaska and yesterday we went to Angela's house for dinner. Charlotte and Angela are in Sunday School together and spent almost the whole evening running around outside, collecting berries, rocks, and leaves and seeming to have known each other for all of their four years. It was such a joy to watch Charlotte make a friend. I am so thankful for what God is allowing us to have. And we loved getting to know Angela's parents! We loved their stories and one of our favorite things about them is their Russian background. I sat amazed as I watched them carry conversations in and out of English and Russian and wished I could give my children such a gift as that. I can't wait to see what God does with this new friendship, especially as it is one Ash and I have hoped for for a long time now.

No comments: