Charlotte and I went to a birthday party tonight! We lived on a farm when Ash was in Afghanistan, and the friends who we rented from invited us over for their daughter's birthday. Ash stayed home to study and kept Liam with him. From what I understand, the two of them went on a walk, threw some rocks, and watched a kids movie about firefighters. After Liam's bedtime, Ash was able to get three chapters in his latest book read and outlined. As for me and Charlotte, our evening was filled with irresistible birthday festivities. The next few blogs will show some of our highlights from the party. When she came home and was telling her stories to papa, he told her that her eyes were sparkling! We had a wonderful evening and my heart is overflowing from God's goodness.
The Cotswolds
11 years ago
3 comments:
Sarah,
You are a GREAT photographer! I love the pictures! You and Charlotte look so happy and beautiful. It makes me want to be there celebrating with you. You have such a gift for writing and expressing yourself, and you make Alaska so appealing. (However, I'm still waiting on those cold, dark pictues to come in a few months!)
Please give Charlotte and Liam big tiger hugs from the Lawson family!
Alison
Charlotte,
If you can talk your mommy into it, ask her to draw cool pictures on your face (or arms or hands) with [washable] crayola markers. Maybe Liam can help! They wash off, but are fun until bath time, and may even stick around a day or two after your bath! I also like using dry/erase markers, although I've been told I can't do that anymore.
I miss you and can't wait to buy my plane and fly to Alaska to see you. I'll do that as soon as I am a grown up!
Zachary
Can I just say, "Way to go you on keeping up with blogging!"?? I love reading your post, albeit hit and miss with busyness. I'm so thankful the Lord has made AK feel like home again so quickly. Blessings on you dear friend and your sweet family!
Love and MISS YOU bunches!
Anita
Post a Comment