Saturday, September 29, 2007

reed lakes trail

We spent a magnificent Saturday in Hatcher's Pass. The weather was brilliant and though these pictures don't show it well, the colors outside were vibrant. We walked about three miles (round trip) along Reed Creek and were surrounded by stunning valley views. Ash daydreamed about future camping trips, Charlotte had to go to the bathroom, and Liam wasn't happy unless he was walking all by himself (which was messy when Reed Creek intersected with and used the trail at points). Charlotte was delighted when we stopped along the trail for a picnic lunch and found blueberries. The blueberries weren't very good this late in the season, but what I really liked about them is that when my husband stood up to help Charlotte find a private spot to go potty, his backside was covered in purple spots! His dirty, manly carharts now have purple polka dots all over the bum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, that is a beautiful family picture!!! You look fantastic, and happy.

Anonymous said...

Has Liam had a growth spurt? He looks like he's catching up more with Charlotte! I hope we can hike with your family along these same trails one day!

Alison

Anonymous said...

Ohhh how I miss my niece & nephew! Well, this weekend was a big one for us here in Raleigh - Amanda and I officially are engaged. check us out at www.mywedding.com/amandaandandrew. I love and miss you guys tons!

-Uncle Andrew