Tuesday, January 1, 2008

a surprise hit

There was a Christmas party at the church a couple weeks ago for the youth. That evening, Ash brought home the balloon decorations. Someone had suggested our kids would love the balloons. I wasn’t exactly thrilled to see the balloons that evening, but I didn’t want to be the grinch who stole Christmas fun, so I smiled and hoped the kids wouldn’t notice them! That was clearly an utterly ridiculous hope because there were two huge bundles of helium balloons beckoning my children—practically calling to Charlotte and Liam and waking them early in the morning. Charlotte and Liam loved the balloons, needless to say. They would race through the house, each with a bundle. They would jump on the bundles and fight with the bundles. Soon the bundles were tangled together and during the day, when Ash wasn’t around to see me be a grinch, I would bunch the strings all together so they floated up out of reach of the children. Liam would jump for them and even tried jumping from a chair to reach the strings. I smiled wickedly from the kitchen and enjoyed the peace of not having two bundles of balloons racing through my home.


So with all that said, there were some really funny moments with those balloons. Like when Liam would get all tangled up in the balloons. We could only see a pair of bitty feet and static hair clinging to the balloons above my son. Liam would race around the house then, a bundle of balloons himself.


After almost a week, the balloons met with a pair of kitchen scissors and were never seen from again. It’s almost like a mystery.

2 comments:

Pops and Gammie said...

This story is a "heart-tickler!" Liam, you are such a cutie-pie ~ I love you!
Gammie

the broomes said...

i LOVE it!!!!