This mama moose with her baby have been hanging around the neighborhood for the past month. I've watched and waited for them to come through our back yard again-- they left tracks right by our back door one afternoon when we weren't home, but usually they are back in our swamp where I can't get a good picture. Today, however, they were right beside the road. We were driving out of the neighborhood when a neighbor passed us in her car and flashed her lights, warning us that something was on or near the road to look out for. But we really didn't need the warning because the mama and baby moose were so big and so clearly there. I slowed, rolled down the passenger window, and snapped a couple pictures. This was the best one-- of the mama. You asked once about moose, so I have tried to get a good picture for you and the boys. I don't know if the picture gives a good perspective on the size of a moose, but think of a horse, and that's pretty close. Now think of me as a little girl walking a quarter of a mile in the dark to my bus stop every morning, hearing the unmistakable munch, munch, munch and crunch, crunch, crunch in the woods along the road-- telling me, though I couldn't see them, that I wasn't alone in the dark.
The Cotswolds
11 years ago
2 comments:
Brings back many memories. Remember Hero nipping at Mamas hooves. B says to keep a bottle of Barbque sauce handy at all times. N&B
We love the moose! Thanks for thinking of us. I can't believe you have snow AND a water park on the same day's blog! You're trying hard to get the Lawsons to visit, right? It does look fun. Snow, moose, a pirate water park! Does it beat out Micky, Goofy, and the Tower of Terror? Maybe in '09!
Alison
Post a Comment