
Right before our computer died, I had a sewing project. I am not a person known for having sewing projects (I can recall only two before now: sewing patches on my girl scout vest and a quilt I made my mom finish- not exactly an illustrious sewing project portfolio), but our new home has desperately needed curtains. SO! I picked out material and designed these on my own. I realize it is just straight lines and only a little measuring and cutting, but nonetheless, these are my curtains! I remembered something my mom told me while making a dress for Charlotte ( oh! a third project!): "all homemade projects look better after ironing..." or something like that. SO I ironed A LOT, hoped some, and imagined the blog I'd surprise my sewing nanas with-- at long last, here it it! Are either of you surprised?
5 comments:
SArah, your curtains are so nice. I love the sweet fabric you chose. I wish we could do a sewing project together.
I knew you could do it! Every one has to start somewhere and it looks like you are off and running. Curtains looks so nice and it gives pleasure just to know you did them.Sounds like you are just a busy homemaker. Entertaning guest, making cookies and other goodie, sewing. You go girl!Keep up the good work, Give everyone a big hug and then hug yourself.
My love, Nana Jane
Nice! And you said they had "smiles!" You were being way too modest!
That's impressive! They look beautiful!
What a great job.....they are lovely! Whats the next project? Quilting classes at Sylvias? Thanks for the pictures. Love you. N & B
Post a Comment