Almost two weeks ago, we experienced "the blue screen of death." Almost two weeks ago, I checked my email in the morning, and then that afternoon, I couldn't get our computer to get past properly booting up. When we called around, we were told, "Oh!... the blue screen of death." I was even talking to a friend a little after our computer fell under the weather (doesn't that sound better? more hopeful, at least?) and her husband is the sort of husband who says to her, "Leslie, I have built you a new server and you have seven hard drives for backing up your stuff." I think that's what he said, anyways-- obviously the very details could get jumbled in my understanding (or lack thereof). Anyways, when I described to my friend what was happening with our computer, she even said, "Oh... the blue screen of death." I can't say yet what the prognosis is for the blue screen of death, but so far it has meant no blogging or email. Our laptop has been with its doctor for the last two weeks and he said there was a 90% chance of getting our stuff back ("please, oh please, at least the pictures!"). IF our laptop works when we get it back, there is still another hurdle to blogging, and that is called, "We've moved two times in the last six months and we have no idea where the Fuji software is to download pictures again." I just wanted to explain all this-- to explain why I've been absent from blogging. When I get back, I will have pictures of Liam's haircut (gone is our hippy!) and evidence of spring. Our world has begun to thaw...
3 comments:
Just a note . . . my memory card reader (flash drive) works great for retreiving pics from the camera. I don't need to go through the software for that. If all else fails, that might be an option for you.
Selfishly waiting to see more pictures of our whippersnappers!
Gammie
Sarah,
You always know that if you need computer help, I'm here for you. You don't need the software for your camera, Windows will do that part for you. Also, if you do get all of your pictures back, I can recommend some good software that will make it easy to organize, backup, and you can blog straight from it. Let me know if you need anything.
Chris
I feel famous!!! thanks for the blog mention even though I look like a total nerd. LOL
Post a Comment