Thursday, February 14, 2008

where is the love?

What do the Black Eyed Peas have to do with sprinkled cupcakes and my squishy faced son? While I can't endorse all their music, I do love "Where is the Love?" The song starts with "What's wrong with the world, momma? People livin like they ain't got no mommas." Another bit goes, "If you never know Truth then you never know Love. Where's the love, y'all? Where's the truth, y'all?" It's not a Valentines Day song-- it has a serious, important political message, and we love the song around our house. And the gist is that the world needs more of what I had today~ the sweetest kind of day.

My day started with a five year old opening up my covers and, inches from my face, saying, "Happy Valentines Day, Momma!" A little later there was some latin dancing and then me and the kids were invited to a friend's house. This friend just had her fourth baby this week-- you can read all about it by going to my favorites list and clicking on "the Bacon family." It's a remarkable and sweet story-- I am so proud of my dear friend, Amanda. And so grateful she let me hold her daughter, Annika! So I held a newborn today AND helped decorate (and eat) special Valentines cupscakes. Charlotte and Liam were invited to help with the cupcakes and I was able to take several yummy pictures of a table surrounded by children armed with white frosting and sprinkles. I wish you could have been there. You'd have found the love there.




But really, this picture is my favorite. "Where's the love, y'all?" Meet baby Annika!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh, thats my baby cutie niecey! I'm feelin the love ya'll all the way from Tennessee. Thanks for the sweet pic Sarah :) I'm glad you got to visit with Sis! So good to see you for a minute. your crock pot is at my Daddys house. Jeremy can get it for you unless you want to go out and pick through the kitchen treasures and decoration stuff! I would love you to have anything that makes you smile my friend.
Hugs & Love to ya'll
Jen

Leslie said...

oh Sarah....The look of thrill on Liam's face is precious. He looks to be enjoying his valentines

Anonymous said...

What a great expression! You sure have a gift for photography :)

Anita said...

how cutie pie is SHE?? great pic Sarah!