Thursday, August 21, 2008

a month gone by

Just yesterday the kiddos and I went with Naomi and her sons to Eklutna Lake-- a beautiful place that has always been a favorite for me and Ash. Sadly, Ash and I haven't made it out to Eklutna since he was in the army, but it has been a place we've both fondly remembered. Ash and I use to enjoy riding mountain bikes together and around Eklutna Lake was our favorite trail. Anyways, it is still beautiful out there and though we'd still enjoy riding bikes together, this season in life with small children makes Eklutna a better place for picnic backpacks and slow walks. Which is what took place yesterday. Thank you, Naomi, for the idea... it was a brilliant suggestion.


2 comments:

Pops and Gammie said...

Did Liam have a grand time "kerplunking" rocks into the lake? I think I can see the the ripples from one of his throws. Sounds like a delightful day ~
Share hugs for us.

Leslie said...

oh my.. he has grown so much Sarah, i did not recognize him. That trip looks beautiful and like a lot of fun for everyone. Maybe i can go if i make it back someday.