
Another year at the Alaska State Fair! While Ash and the kids watched the nearby lumberjack show, I loitered around the quilt hall. I liked imagining myself there with my mom-- I don't quilt, but my mother makes beautiful quilts. We would have walked through the hall, eating roasted corn on the cob, and pointing messy fingers at our favorites. Now that I think about it, that corn on the cob is probably part of the reason all the quilts are out of reach... anyways, these are the ones I would have pointed at, mom. I would have loved the time with you.



Incidentally, my mom and dad are right now spending the night in their local police department, waiting for hurricane Gustav. My dad has a dispatch job so they weren't allowed to evacuate. I hope these pictures are an encouragement to you tonight, mom.
And Nana Jane, thanks for offering your home to my parents as a place for them to evacuate to. They've always appreciated your kindness.
4 comments:
Thanks for the update on Marc and Nancy . . . we've been thinking of them and praying for their safety.
i love the quilts, especially the last one...i hope that your parents will be ok
The storm has just about passed and we escaped the worst of it...thank you everyone for thoughts and prayers. We truly appreciate it. LOVE the quilts!! I would much rather be there than riding out Gustov. I couldn't think of a better way to spend the day than with Sarah wandering through the fair, eating corn on the cob, and oohing and awhing over the quilts. Liam, I love your hair big guy. Love to all.....N&B
i kept thinking of and praying for your parents...glad they're alright! those are lovely quilts!
Post a Comment