Thursday, October 23, 2008

tagged

I've been tagged twice today. Two friends have tagged me for two different assignments. I don't really have a great way of explaining how the tagging thing goes, so I'm gonna just assume most everyone knows how this works. (Nana Jane, just imagine a big game of tag on the internet).

My first tag was from my friend Casey. If you haven't visited Casey's site yet, I have to urge you to now. In fact, don't read this silly post about me, just go to Casey's site and read her words. I have so much admiration for this woman. Casey and her husband, Dan, are living through the loss of a son and... well, I actually admire so many things about their life. Casey has lately been sharing about the friendship she's built with a woman who is pregnant, homeless, and addicted to drugs. I read her stories and ache to be so available. I am compelled to run harder after God through my friendship with Casey.

If you're still with me though, Casey tagged me to answer a series of questions about myself. Here goes:

4 Random Things About Me:
1. I grew up on a road named "Sarah's Way" and believed it meant something for my life... still do, actually.
2. I laugh really hard when I read "Calvin & Hobbes".
3. I have loads of wanderlust but don't want to fly over an ocean.
4. I've been rescued from myself and I'd love to tell you about my Savior.

4 Occupations I'd Love To Do If Talent & Money Were Not Qualifications:
1. Ballerina
2. Author
3. Missionary/ Humanitarian
4. Own the right kind of coffeeshop

4 Guilty Pleasures:
1. Lindt dark chocolate (esp. guilty because I've just learned about the slavery that goes into harvesting the cocoa beans in West Africa)
2. The Economist
3. Vera Bradley
4. Skinny snickers mocha, half the syrup... from Kaladis

4 Things I Am Drawn To Buy Even When I Don't Need Them:
1. Lip gloss
2. Books
3. Journals
4. Thank you cards
4 Challenges I Face On A Daily/ Weekly Basis:
1. Letting Liam be brave
2. Letting Charlotte be a mess
3. Letting Ash be a visionary
4. Sending thank you cards... I really feel awful about how lazy I am here...

4 Books That Have Helped/Inspired Me This Year:
1. Desiring God- J. Piper
2. Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life- D.S. Whitney
3. Cry, The Beloved Country- A. Paton
4. A Thousand Splendid Suns- K. Hosseini

4 People I'm Tagging:
1. My Mother-in-love, Kathy
2. Sylvia
3. Leslie, because you're next
4. Janeen
4. April
4. Laura, even though your blog is private.
4. Tasha B. because I've been on my mind lately.

And for the second tag: Leslie tagged me to post the sixth picture in my sixth folder. And because I could choose between the pictures in Picasa or on our computer, I have two pictures that match the description "sixth picture in the sixth folder." And I can't choose between them. So I am posting both and part of the tag was to explain the pictures. The first picture is of Ash's grandaddy Bob who lives in South Carolina. Grandaddy is holding his great grandson, Josiah. Josiah is Charlote and Liam's cousin. The picture was taken the day before we drove out of the South for Alaska. Ash's family gathered to spend the day together, as a goodbye. I think this was Josiah's first family get-together.

The second picture is of Charlotte and Liam splitting peas. Late in the summer, our neighbors gave us a bag of peas from their garden. I showed Charlotte how to break open the peapod to get the peas out and then forgot about the peas. An hour or so later, I discovered Charlotte still sitting on the kitchen floor, working through the bag of peas. Anyone who knows Charlotte knows that the girl doesn't sit still for long. Charlotte is fast and passionate and never even wants to sit to eat her cereal. Charlotte sat for over an hour though, quietly splitting those peapods. When I discovered her, Liam discovered her, too, and then helped her finish off the bag. The second picture was taken then.

The people I am tagging to post their sixth picture in their sixth folders? I am choosing the photographers I know: Carrie, Casey, and Marie. Actually, I'd really like to see ALL of YOUR sixth pictures. So if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged. I can't wait to see your pictures now.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

hooray...i am so glad that you had fun with it. what a sweet task to attend to for so long. there is something peaceful and soothing about shelling peas. now as for the about me tag, i shall have to do some serious thinking. i am not sure i know enough about myself to answer some of those questions.

carrie said...

I need a bit of explanation to go with my tag... I have never heard of the sixth picture in the sixth folder. But I am intrigued, my friend.

hashbrowns said...

Carrie, I took it to mean that where I keep my digital pics, I find the sixth folder there, and then find the sixth picture in that folder. I have my pictures on my computer and they are in folders by the date I downloaded them, so they are chronological with the oldest ones first. Each folder of mine is by date~ do other people organize theirs differently? Picasa does the same thing for me, only the newest pics are first. I'm a little stressed that I don't know how to communicate this better~ I am not computer savvy. Can someone explain this better than me?

Mary said...

I love the pics of the kids--that is so sweet.

I'm curious as the to story behind 'leaving the south for Alaska"..

FYI--my pictures are by year, then alphabetically. :)

Leslie said...

i think you got it right sarah...i have picasa so i went in, counted down 6 from the top folder and then found the 6th picture. i don't think that it is too specific, you just go ahead and choose the way you want.

Kimberly Tripp said...

what sweet pictures! I hope my 2 grow up to be such good friends! thanks for sharing!