Wednesday, November 26, 2008

back to black

I spent 20 minutes trying to find a good picture of Audrey Hepburn from "Funny Face"~ during her dance when she's all dressed in black. A picture like that would have been perfect for this post, but all I have to offer is the humble "thank you" to a friend who was kind enough to say, "You should probably go back" when I stepped out of the template dressing room. So I'll stick with my black background. Black is classic. Black is not stripey with cute buttons, but black is like Audrey in "Funny Face" and I can live with that.

Things around here might look a little messy and off, though, until after Thanksgiving. I have a couple pies to make today and a MOPS steering meeting tonight. I can't put this blog back together until I have some time to waste... er, devote... until I have time to devote to my blog. The words "I want my life back" come to mind when I think of the hours I devoted to messing up my blog last night... sigh... live and learn, I guess. This probably feels much like it did for all those women who were susceptible to GAP's marketing a few years ago and tried to actually look like Audrey Hepburn in that "Funny Face" dance scene. I've never actually seen that look done well, except for on Audrey Hepburn, but she did have that guy dancing behind her dressed in...! stripes!

5 comments:

evakoski said...

I always have fun playing with the template, but I almost always go back to basic white. No fun! The black is nice though, maybe I will try it on.

Leslie said...

welcome back!!

Mary said...

Stunning and elegant.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sylvia Goode Basham said...

This looks great on you!

Unknown said...

Only you can get a way with Black Sarah!!! Because your words and thoughts are so full of stripes and buttons and polka dots :) You crack me up girl! How was the Thankful Bacon Party? Sis and I had a good little cry about missing out on that stuff while I was in Target in Missouri :) Hope ya'll had fun together!
Jen