Tuesday, June 2, 2009

freckles


My mother-in-love made a special blog request- that Charlotte would take pictures along one of our walks of the things that told her summer was here, and then post those pics and write about them herself. Charlotte has taken some pictures, but we haven't yet made it to the second part of that request; I apologize, mom. But while I am on the computer tonight, I thought I'd post one of my favorite evidences of summer: Charlotte's freckles. I am covered in freckles, but for whatever reason, I never considered that my children might receive this genetic inheritance. Thankfully, Charlotte loves hers and is always asking me to count them. In the middle of winter, she has about 60 shy freckles, but now she has well over 100 and they are bursting in praise of summer sunshine.

6 comments:

Pops and Gammie said...

Ahhhh, the kiss of summer sun! Thanks, Sarah. I do love seeing pictures of and stories about my precious chickadees. And I look forward to reading Charlotte's posting . . . thanks for sharing your blog in such a way to make a grandmother's heart full of tickles~
Much love.

Leslie said...

she looks so beautiful..kissed with summer sun. Those freckles are wonderful and it is so charming that she wants you to count them. What a sweet picture! MIss you friend

Sylvia Goode Basham said...

So you do get summer way up there! She's such a beauty!

Pops and Gammie said...

PS . . . great photo . . .look at those teeth. Just the other day, I was thinking about how Rosie-posie may begin to get some wiggly-jigglies pretty soon!

Anonymous said...

Love my little girl. so cute!!!!!!
nana jane

Sarah said...

Lucky girl...freckles are so beautiful! And Sarah, I must tell you, I've ALWAYS admired your beautiful freckles. As a fellow redhead, I've been mystified to see freckles on you even in the dead of our Alaskan winter...with no sunshine!