Thursday, October 22, 2009

a meager effort


It seems like it's always excuses over here, but really, we've been experiencing some technical difficulties. First the computer, and then the camera (or was it the card or the cord? We still don't know). Our technical issues are still unresolved, but I was able to pull up a few pictures. Maybe the technical issues wouldn't have slowed others down, but ours have been compounded by delicious happiness. These days are very sweet, and I do mean to share them, but I am kept very busy being the slave of a two month old. Alistair started smiling intentionally three weeks ago and I am helpless before his powers. I've learned that if I do everything his way, he rewards me with the gummiest, most brilliant smile. You would be mush, too... you would.

I am embarrassed that these are the best pictures that I have to offer... poor third child won't have every moment of his first year in photos like the first, and to a lesser degree, the second, but those are the knocks, I guess, for a third. Being put in a laundry basket so mom can get some grub on the table is another knock. But sweet Alistair, while I might forget to take pictures and maybe also to bathe you regularly, I promise to read every one of the books I've read to number one and two, just like you were the first... I won't scrimp there, sweet one. And you'll get way more hugs and kisses then the others because you have the four of us devoted to loving you. Throw in a good amount of hand-me-downs, some walks in the woods, and whatever cookie is my new favorite to make each month and I think you are getting a good deal on childhood. Your papa and I are devoted to your childhood, little one... it is our great privilege.

11 comments:

carrie said...

You Blogged! Good job, friend!

Anita said...

Yahoo! This long awaited blog entry made my week! Thanks friend! What a handsome little man. :)

Anita

Pops and Gammie said...

What a sweet boy! Thanks for the heart tickles . . . Love to all of you~

Leslie said...

oh my goodness... i am enchanted!! that sweet little face. You are one lucky Momma. I don't blame you for being mush when you see that face. I love you friend

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! We both think he looks like Sarah and Charlotte at that age....adorable! Love the new pictures, thanks. Give a big hug to Miss Charlie and Liam...love you guys! N & B

Laura for the Baillies said...

what a sweetie!! so good to see your bliss ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!!! What a great gift this morning to see our new addition. Would love to hold and love him.He looks like Liam. Would love to see and hg all right now! That will have to wait.Please give all hugs and kisses for me.My Love,
nana jane

Aunt Connie said...

What a SWEETIE! I so wish I could see that gummie smile in person, but the picks are great! Thanks for sharing with us!

Sylvia Goode Basham said...

Where can I get one of those???? Precious, precious!

Anonymous said...

I really like the laundry basket picture! Johanna

Anonymous said...

aw, love it!