Anyways, poetic... I've found that I love finding ways to use this adjective. And the January winds have swept in something very happy and perfectly poetic.
There's a new gnome on our rock wall. A year ago a gnome took up residence on our rock wall. He came with the Chinook winds and we've all enjoyed his company. About a month ago he disappeared and I heard that he took a trip to California. I promise I'm not making this up. I told you this was poetic. And I've discovered that a rock wall without a gnome looks empty and lonely and like just a bunch of rocks. So imagine my surprise and delight when, with the wild winds that swept through the Valley last week, another gnome appeared. This one is shorter and chubbier. And he's playing a fiddle. What's going on around here? Will the other gnome come back? Did he tell his friend he was taking a vacation and needed a house-sitter for our rock wall? How long is this gnome here for? Will there someday be two gnomes sharing our address?
I am 32 years old and I know I could solve this mystery... if I wanted... but right now funny and mysterious feels a little like a fairy-tale; it feels poetic.
7 comments:
This gnome is wonderful, he looks so cheerful and friendly! I'm so glad there was good that came from the latest Chinook too. :)
I'm sure that your first gnome is visiting with Golem Cupp . . . probably in California, you say?
Gammie
I think your rock wall ALWAYS looks poetic, Sarah, but I'm glad that the wind blew some poetry into your yard, since mine looks like a disaster site.
And I'm sure our sons will have a poetic toddlerhood together...maybe along the lines of A.A. Milne's poetry.
hi friend! i love that you have your very own traveling gnome. this one playing the fiddle looks cold!!!
I think that anything you ever write about will be poetic...
Too bad we don't have Chinook winds here. My yard would be very hospitable to a gnome :-)
hello dear sarah! I just love your mysterious gnome story & am so excited to be able to reconnect despite all the miles & years! I'd love to catch up via email so shoot me one at luhers@hotmail.com. i couldn't figure out how to send you an email or message from your blog.. so this is how I figured I could connect with you!
love,
Leah
i love gnomes...my favorite shirt of the girls' is Isabel's gnome shirt...
my favorite adjective that you, my dear friend, introduced me to is "crunchy" as in "that shop has great ice cream but that lady who works there is usually pretty crunchy..." :)
Post a Comment