Thursday, March 4, 2010

coffee confessions



No. We do not. We do not let our six month old baby drink coffee. But yes, we do tease him with our to-go cups because we think it's funny the way he dives for them and tries to find the little opening through which might come soul-satisfaction in liquid form. I have a sneaking suspicion that little man does actually know the treasue that is in one of these cups though, because CONFESSION: I drank coffee through pregnancy. CORRECTION: I drank some coffee through pregnancy and also some skinny snichers mochas, but with only half the syrup. And yes, please... I get skinny so I don't feel quilty about the whipped cream. There might have been a few americanos in there, too. BUT! I did confess all this to my doctor and he said something like, "I drink more caffiene than you. You're fine." God bless you, sweet man.

5 comments:

Sylvia Goode Basham said...

That would go so well with a Love Muffin, Mommy!


(My Josh loved coffee when he was little....it was decaf so I let him have it....although I probably would have let him drink it even if it wasn't :-)

Leslie said...

this is too funny!!! it i so nice to see the littlest more. i am sure there could be worse things than coffee during pregnancy...a girl has got to get through somehow.

Mary said...

I admire this child though I've never even met him... I don't blame you by the way...give up wine? Sure. Chocolate? Pretty hard but I'd do it if necessary. Coffee? Not while there's breaf in this body. ;)

Mary said...

Oh and I noticed you are reading a King Arthur story--I'd be interested to know what you think of this one! I took an Arthurian Lit seminar in college and there was some that was fabulous(Idylls of the King), and some that I just hated (Mists of Avalon).

Anonymous said...

So Cute can't wait to see and hold HIM!! Send more pictures. Make me happy!! nana jane