These first two pics are from the Butte. We were able to connect with some old friends- dear old friends from our army days. Leah and Gavin were our neighbors on Ft. Richardson and now Gavin teaches at West Point. I'm so impressed they were willing to take a filthy trek up the Butte during our too short visit, but it was a brilliant afternoon that left Ash and I very grateful for the fellowship of old friends. And how sweet to celebrate your daughter, Leah & Gavin! It was a JOY to get to meet her. May Addison RUN in the paths of God's commands as He sets her heart free!
And then there's always life to celebrate when living this close to a wetland. Charlotte & Liam have been knee-deep in the creek almost every day of this summer, but here I have pictures of them studying a brand new wasp's nest. Ash got to be the hero by removing it from our front porch and I was satisfied in having known a magnifying glass would come in handy someday. Hello, Someday.
And finally, for now, here's my latest rendezvous with purple. I think this particular shade of purple is called Punk Purple... how happy am I? Words cannot say. I'm only sad that purple has a notorious reputation for fading fast. Sadly, after just a week, my purple is more of a Melancholy Purple... but still I am happy. We think Charlotte will try pink next, but I'll stay faithful to my purple.

5 comments:
i love little Alistair peeking over your shoulder. i went and watched whip it right away to better understand your inspiration and her, Drew's, hair was so fun. i love the purple. it suits you. i am so glad for you that you had a wonderful visit with Leah and Gavin. i am a little jealous, i have to admit! i am so glad we had a chance to talk the other day. too much time had passed. You look lovely by the way . i love that you are the kind of girl that wears a skirt hiking!!!
Punk purple, hmmm? . . . The colored streaks in my hair are gray. That's not so adventuresome though, hunh? While it looks like fun, no, I don't think I'm bold enough to try it, but thanks for your invitation! (purple hair streaks and dancing to Black Eyed Peas go together, right?) I'm not even at the point to try purple nail polish on my toes; although now that I'm moving back into elementary school it might not be too far fetched for me someday (if it was spirit week, or something!) . . . Charlotte looks like she's ready for her venture in the arts as a second grader in the Waldorf school. Many of the fantastic student artists that I know sport varied colors of hair streaks from time to time!
Continue to enjoy your summer adventures! Love you guys~
PS. Love the picture of Ash & Liam on the trail. And I agree with Leslie of the preciousness of Alistair peeking over your shoulder. Can't wait to hug all of you in person.
Good to hear from you again, The purple hair would really stand out in my white hair. The stuff I put on my hair to make the white bright
some times gives it a purple or blue tint!!!???
Enjoyed the pictures but can't wait to see you in person and get a big hug from everyon! WA yoo!!!
Love all, nana jane
Too funny, Nana Jane!!!
Happy summer, Browns! Can't wait to share a few precious hours of it with you in a couple of months!
Sweet Sarah!! I just loved reconnecting with you and Ashley and meeting Liam and Alistar. I can't believe how little baby Charlotte has now become a beautiful girl. (I guess that's what happens over six years' time.)Gav and I were so very blessed to spend time with you all and rekindling our friendship means oh so very much to the both of us. we love you all Brown family and hope beyond hope that we get to see you again soon... *wink* wink*
Post a Comment